AWS Architect :- Jobs in Canada
Cognizant’s AI and Analytics team is seeking an experienced AWS Architect with experience migrating an “on-premise” data warehouse, ideally Oracle, to Snowflake and/or Databricks. You will specify the scope of the 2021 projects to migrate Oracle data warehouses and historical data counters to the new data platform (AWS / Databricks / Snowflake + future data ingestion tools to be defined, define the delivery strategy and prepare project plans, and identify gaps and work with the architects to prepare the delivery backlogs.
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future-a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies. By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
· Design and architect solutions on AWS and related technologies including Glue, EMR, S3 , Redshift, Snowflake and other relevant data services
· Educate customer on Cloud technologies and influence direction of the solution
· Responsible for understanding and build ingestion to S3 and enable BI layer for Analytics
· Design and Develop data Ingestion using Glue and processing layer using Glue/EMR
· Design and Develop applications using AWS Glue and EMR
· Work with the SMEs to implement data strategies to build data flows
· Bachelors’ Degree 10 to 15 years of success in consultative/complex deployment project, architecture, design, implementation and/or support of data and analytics solution
· Experience migrating complex “on-premise” data warehouses, ideally Oracle, to Snowflake and/or Databricks
· In depth understanding of Spark Architecture including Spark Core, Spark SQL, Data Frames, Spark Streaming, RDD caching, Spark MLib.
· Expertise in using Spark SQL with various data sources like JSON, Parquet and Key Value Pair
· Experience in creating tables, partitioning, bucketing, loading and aggregating data using Spark SQL/Scala
· In depth understanding of AWS and Data lake and Analytics solutions on AWS
· Very good understanding on Data Modeling and Define conceptual logical and physical data models
· Proven track record of building deep sales/technical relationships with CXO’s and practice building executives in highly strategic system integrators
· Experience in managing various stakeholder relationship to get consensus on solution/projects
· Fluent in English and French.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 15 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.