Clerk Grade 5 :-
Jobs in Toronto
Toronto Community Housing
Make a difference :-
Do you see yourself working for one of the largest social housing providers in North America that is dedicated to improving the lives of its residents? Are you a dynamic, service oriented individual who is eager to learn and expand on current skill sets within Finance and Accounts Payable? If this sounds like you, then we have an opportunity you won’t want to pass up!
This Clerk Grade 5, within Accounts Payable, will perform a variety of clerical duties in support of the effective, efficient, and tenant-centric administration of operations at Toronto Community Housing.
What you’ll do
- Perform filing, typing, mail and courier services, and other related clerical tasks.
- Log incoming facsimiles, courier material and delivers to appropriate staff.
- Check daily incoming mail for and updates records as needed.
- Date stamp, reviews and inputs submitted TCHC documents and follows-up on missing documentation as required.
- Maintain and prepares reports from manual or electronic files and databases.
- Photocopy and collates documents for distribution, mailing and filing.
- Assist department staff as required.
- Sort and files correspondence, records, and various documents.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually and electronically.
- Processes payments, matches invoice back up
- Respond to general enquiries in person and on the telephone.
- Refer other enquiries to appropriate staff, takes messages and pages staff, as necessary.
- Type form letters, invoices, requisitions, forms, labels, tabs, etc.
- Cut, collates, folds, punches, staples, binds, and packages documents and reports using electric cutting, collating and folding machines, plastic binding machine and hole drill in large quantity printing operations.
- This position may require the ability to travel to various work locations in a timely manner.
- Monitors office supplies and maintains adequate levels.
What you’ll need
- Considerable office experience performing various clerical duties
- Ability to perform routine office duties.
- Ability to type and prepare basic clerical records.
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of computerized office systems, including computers, fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, printers, etc., with practical application in word processing, data entry and other software packages
- Basic knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role and only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Candidates for unionized positions must score a minimum of 70% to pass any interview or assessment and be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be determined based on score and where applicable, union seniority. Note: not all candidates who score 70% or higher will automatically proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process as this will be dependent on the number of candidates and number of available roles.